31 December 2011

Happy New Year...

2012 is just around the corner...

Very aptly, Emma and I just saw the movie New Year's Eve before I sat down to write this post to wish you all an amazingly Happy New Year. There are so many clichés that get uttered this time of year. People get distracted by them and we get confused as to whether we should reflect on the year that has passed or start planning for or thinking about the year ahead. Well, obviously you should do both. The thing is, this is the time of year that forces you to this. And that is an opportunity no one should waste.


One of the characters in the movie gives a very inspirational speech about how we should reflect on the year that has passed, think about how we've lived our lives and how we should treat people, but the one thing that I clearly remember, is where she mentioned that you should reflect on the chances you took as well as the opportunities that you closed yourself off from. This to me is the most important, because it is something you can change en embrace in the coming year.

I pretty much just have one big resolution this coming year.

To do what I love and makes me happy. Go places, see places, meet people, be kind to them, do something or do everything...as long as it adds happiness and love to my life and the people around me.

So in between all the sparkles, fireworks, glitter, champagne, countdowns, parties, sequins and shouts of Happy New Year and hopefully a kiss at midnight...decide what you love and what makes you happy! 

Have an amazing and blessed 2012.

Rachel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment