27 December 2011

So are you to me... #43

#43
FALL IN LOVE, FIND THE PERFECT WEDDING DRESS, HAVE MY DAD WALK ME DOWN THE ISLE, WEAR SOMETHING OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE AND GET MARRIED


She was filled with a strange wild unfamiliar happiness, and knew that this was love. Twice in her life she had mistaken something else for it. It’s like seeing somebody in the street who you think is a friend, you whistle and wave and run after him, but it is not only not the friend, but not even very like him. A few minutes later the real friend appears in view, and then you can’t imagine how you ever mistook that other person for him.
-Nancy Mitford (The Pursuit of Love)


I loved with a love that was more than love. 
-Edgar Allan Poe

So this post starts off with a warning. This one is ALL about falling in love and getting married. Yes, I’m going there. Feel free to close your browser RIGHT NOW...and maybe switch off the computer as well...or just skip to #44 (hehe, you will have to wait a couple of days).


Those that know me will be utterly blown away and surprised by this post. To explain...

I am not a girly girl. I would rather kick your ass than be thought of as weak or soppy. I usually end up being ‘one of the boys’ at parties. So, for blog intents and purposes, I have decided to tap into my inner girl. All things love, dress, cake and wedding related to follow. Please don’t judge. And we are never to speak of this again...until you get a wedding invite...which I have already designed in my head of course...I am nothing if not obsessive compulsive, thorough and a perfectionist...


Continue reading at own risk. Take comfort in the fact that I am only giving you a glimpse of the crazy...

So here is a very heartfelt confession: yes, I have thought about finding that one special person...that one person that just gets everything about you. I say think, but I really mean obsessed and let’s be honest, what woman hasn't? This is a safe space, you can admit it (yes, you, Emma). And yes, I have thought about what my wedding could/would be like... I'm a girl, hello, it happens :). I have thought about the ring, the dress, the venue, cake, music and decorations, but all of that will be secondary to holding (I say holding, but I mean clinging to) my dad’s hand as he walks me down the aisle and I marry the man I love...



A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise….When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.
-Richard Bac

I just sort of feel like drugs when I'm with you. Not that I do drugs, unless you do drugs, in which case I do drugs all the time, every drug. Yeah, I don't know. Just when I'm with you things sort of seem a little brighter.
-Scott Pilgrim vs The World

As I mentioned before, my parents will be married for 32 years in a couple of weeks...they still hold hands, they still kiss each other hello and goodbye (even if my Mom is just quickly making a run to the grocery store) (can I get a collective *sigh*), they make out in the kitchen (can I get a collective *eeew*) and my Dad still opens the car door for my Mom when they go somewhere (some of the funniest memories are of my Mom staying seated in the car when my Dad got distracted by something or someone before he could open the door)...so where the heck do I find someone to live up to THAT and to treat me in this way :)?

Ok, now you can judge :).


Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be!
-Robert Browning





Wedding (noun)
1.a. The act of marrying.
   b. The ceremony or celebration of a marriage.
2. The anniversary of a marriage.
3. The act or an instance of joining closely.






Before I met my husband, I’d never fallen in love. I’d stepped in it a few times.
-Rita Rudner




Marriage (noun)
1. a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife, and in some jurisdictions, between two persons of the same sex, usually entailing legal obligations of each person to the other.
2. A wedding.
3. A close union.






You Glue






There are






and will be





times

that my skin
threatens 
rebellion and wishes
to shake off.
There will be
and
have been times
my heart wishes
to follow my
breath
and escape
out my throat.
When I 
tremble
and the earthquake
in my body
shuts tight
these eyes,
You are
and always
have been
the glue
that holds me
together.


-Tyler Knott Gregson



















Postcards From Italy

The times we had

Oh, when the wind would blow with rain and snow

Were not all bad

We put our feet just where they had, had to go

Never to go


The shattered soul
Following close but nearly twice as slow
In my good times
There were always golden rocks to throw
at those who admit defeat too late
Those were our times, those were our times

And I will love to see that day
That day is mine
When she will marry me outside with the willow trees
And play the songs we made
They made me so
And I would love to see that day
Her day was mine 


- Beirut




There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
-Sarah Dessen (The Truth about Forever)



Across the years I will walk with you - 
in deep green forests; on shores of sand: 
and when our time on earth is through, 
in heaven, too, you will have my hand.
-Robert Sexton




... I'm not the silly romantic you think.
I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars.
I don’t want gemstones or gold. I have those things already.
I want…a steady hand. A kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love, and be loved.
- Shana Abé (writer)



Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that’s a real treat.
-Joanne Woodward (about her husband Paul Newman)

















As the music at the banquet
As the wine before the meal
As the firelight in the night
So are you to me

As the ruby in the setting
As the fruit upon the tree
As the wind blows over the plains
So are you to me

As the wind blows over the plains
So are you to me
So are you to me

-Eastmountainsouth

It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out? Ah, but what if it does. 
-Peter McWilliams

Keep you posted.
Rachel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment