30 November 2011

Let us begin this letter... #23-24

#23
WRITE AN OLD FASHIONED LOVE LETTER


Let us begin this letter, this prelude to an encounter, formally, as a declaration, in the old-fashioned way: I love you. You do not know me (although you have seen me, smiled at me). I know you (although not so well as I would like. I want to be there when your eyes flutter open in the morning, and you see me, and you smile. Surely this would be paradise enough?). So I do declare myself to you now, with pen set to paper. I declare it again: 
I love you.
-Neil Gaiman


They can be funny...
(via http://iamhilarious.com/dear-jessica/)



On the back of an old receipt...
I am not looking for grandiose measures of tireless affection. I want to be rooted in your deep voice. I want reassurance that if I run, you’ll chase me with the legs that seem twice as long as mine. A love that is quiet as it is loud. That shakes my belief in the will of another’s heart.
The beginning of something new...
I tell my friends about your silly line, but you half charmed me, so I’m laughing with, not at, you. Would you take me out to dinner, someplace nice? Made up, I’d listen to stories of Haiti, come back to look at your paintings, kiss you, & nothing more. Something could develop, or not but we...



Something romantic...
I will hold your hand for the rest of my life. I love you. Katie




...or something sweet...
I bought you a cookie...but I ate it. ©






I was waiting for


the
longest time
and then
you
were there
standing
in front
of me
.


There is something beautiful about a piece of paper, be it ornate stationary, a sticky post it note, a random bit of paper that was lying around or the back of a magazine, when somebody took the time to write something on it because they were thinking about someone. In a time when we would rather BBM, SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, E-mail, iMessage or Tweet someone, I (read we) seem to have forgotten the power of a hand-written love letter or just a note that says I was thinking about you or I love you, which can be just as powerful.








They can be cute...and on fridge doors...


In one of my favourite movies, The Notebook, Noah, a poor lumberyard worker falls in love with Allie, a girl from the right side of the society tracks. They have a fight, break up and she gets sent away by her parents without the knowledge that Noah wrote her a letter every day for a year after they separated. She reads them years later...
My Dearest Allie, 
I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it’s over between us. I’m not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I’ll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you've given me. That’s what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I’ll be seeing you. 
Noah














So I would like to try my hand at writing an old fashioned love letter. Maybe I’ll start off with a love note and work my way up to a letter? And these notes do not always have to be serious and profound, they can be sweet, funny, cute, sexy, but they always need to be heartfelt.
















Today you leaned over and whispered in my ear:
“If you were a piece of furniture, you would be a lamp.”
It was probably the sexiest thing I have ever heard
you say because I know you’re right.  All you have to do is reach out and touch me to turn me on. 
(via http://youremymuse.tumblr.com)


Another amazing way of telling someone you love them is through lyrics in a song. I recently saw the new Twilight Saga movie, Breaking Dawn Part 1. Thank goodness for an amazing soundtrack, because the movie...not so amazing. Saying that, I’ll still go and see the last film in the series...go Team Edward...and read the books...AGAIN :). I found a couple of gems on the soundtrack, including two of my new favourite love songs. The lyrics are to say the least, beautiful. Please do yourself a favour and go and give them a listen...you can thank me later.

I’ve waited a hundred years.
But I’d wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for
what the privilege of being yours would do.

If i had only felt the warmth within your touch,
if i had only seen how you smile when you blush,
or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough,
I would have known what I was living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Your love is my turning page,
where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line,
every touch is a redefining phrase.

I surrender who I’ve been for who you are,
for nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,
well, I would have known what I’ve been living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Though we’re tethered to the story we must tell,
when I saw you, well, I knew we’d tell it well.
With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas.
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees.
-Sleeping At Last


Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more 
-Christina Perri




-There is nothing wrong with
the way I light up
when you're around-


-I am yours to keep-

I fell in love with you because of a million little things you never knew you were doing 
(via inspiredbythisfeeling/tumblr)


-No matter what I do. I always forget to forget you-

I love you the same way I learned to ride a bike; scared but reckless.
- Rudy Francisco


-I’ll flirt with you every day-

-I can’t wait to hear your heart beat when my head is on your chest-

-I want to finish your sentences-

You’re the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said, you too & we decided we’d know each other a long time.
-Brian Andreas


The way you make me feel is like,

Smelling fresh cut grass or being in the back of a convertible under the stars. Or returning home from a long trip or just driving with no destination in the summer. It’s like the feeling you get when you get an ‘A’ on your report card and your parents tell you how proud they are. Or when you hear your family laugh together or the whooshing of a tunnel when you drive with the windows down. It’s like when you’re outside on a hot summer day and you have a cold glass of water or when you talk to an old friend after a month or two, yet the two of you are still as close as ever.

It’s like the feeling you get when you hear your favourite childhood song on the radio for the first time in years, you turn it up and feel so alive. Or lying in bed watching a snow storm, knowing you don’t have to get up for hours and to just lay in the warmth of your comforters for hours. It’s the way your stomach flip flops during your first true kiss, or how your body feels when you take off in an airplane for the first time. Or when you drive around in the front seat of the car that belongs to the boy you like and even though you should feel scared beyond control because he’s driving so fast and stupid, yet you feel so safe and alive. Yeah, that feeling.

The way you make me feel, feels good to me.



i love you much(most beautiful darling)

more than anyone on the earth and i
like you better than everything in the sky

-sunlight and singing welcome your coming

although winter may be everywhere
with such a silence and such a darkness
no one can quite begin to guess

(except my life)the true time of year-

and if what calls itself a world should have
the luck to hear such singing(or glimpse such
sunlight as will leap higher than high
through gayer than gayest someone's heart at your each

nearness)everyone certainly would(my
most beautiful darling)believe in nothing but love
-ee cummings



Two friends made a bet that the one would be engaged and married to his girlfriend by a certain date. His friend was not so sure and accepted the $100 bet. Needless to say, the fact that this piece of paper was saved and framed...Steve won :).






































Even a random note found on a plain can inspire one person to do something they have been afraid of doing for years...
"This is your moment. The right time is NOW!
















A note to a stranger can change their lives...
"The girl at the coffee shop is 1/2 in love with you..."


































A note to a stranger can also save their car battery...
"...the whole world isn't full of dishonest people."












And even a little note on the door can get your heart beating a little faster...












#24
OWN MY DREAM CAR

It needs to be black, pretty and fast. That is all.

Keep you posted.
Rachel
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment